- Physiotherapists have developed numerous methods and approaches to treating pelvic floor dysfunction in both women and men.
- As there are more and more studies on the methods for restoring the pelvic floor’s functions, it turns out that physiotherapy and its techniques can benefit a variety of other issues too.
- One of the potential problems it can now attempt to reverse is erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction is a common disorder affecting millions of men worldwide.
- Nevertheless, research has shed some light on it, suggesting that targeted exercises can complement the conventional treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Keep reading to find out what you can do to try to prevent and reverse ED.
Erectile dysfunction along with premature male orgasm accounts for more than 60% of all sexual dysfunction disorders. ED refers to the difficulty or inability to reach and keep an erection that is strong enough for sexual intercourse. It can have many causes and contributing factors, but with proper lifestyle changes and practicing targeted exercises, you can attempt to reverse it.
Although experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction can feel frustrating and disheartening at first, it’s important not to despair as there are many things you can do to fight it.
Continue reading to find out the main causes of erectile dysfunction, the top five exercises to help you combat it, and the science behind them.
What Are the Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a multi-factor disorder that comes unexpectedly at any time during our lives. We divide the causes into several major categories – vascular, hormonal, neurologic, and psychological. Under the vascular factors, which are most common, fall a couple of medical issues, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and obesity. All of these factors have adverse effects on the penile vasculature, which can decrease blood circulation.
Sometimes hormonal issues related to testosterone or other reproductive hormones may also cause erectile dysfunction, along with other sexual disorders. Some medications, such as antidepressants, high blood pressure drugs, antiarrhythmics, and others, could contribute to erectile dysfunction.
In terms of lifestyle, it can be a good idea to try to reevaluate your habits. Try to quit smoking if you are, limit alcohol, and maintain a healthy weight, and you’ll be a few steps closer to getting rid of your erectile dysfunction.
How Does Exercising Help You Fight Erectile Dysfunction?
Opting for regular physical activity is a great way to empower your overall health and prevent or treat erectile dysfunction. Although all kinds of sports can greatly benefit your well-being, some can be of more use than others.
Those that can be particularly helpful include exercises that strengthen and improve the tone of your pelvic floor muscles.
Continue reading for the best exercises to prevent ejaculation from coming too early and erectile dysfunction.
Top 5 Exercises to Fight the Effects of Erectile Dysfunction
- Knee Fallouts – Knee fallouts are a great introductory exercise to help you get into pelvic floor muscles exercises. These are some of the most popular Pilates exercises that will significantly strengthen your pelvic floor in just a couple of weeks of training.
To practice this type of exercise, lie down on a mat with your knees bent while maintaining a neutral position of your spine. Place your hands on your hips and slowly allow one of your knees to fall to the side. Then return it to its starting position and repeat with your other knee. You can go for up to 10 repetitions for 2 to 3 sets.
On a side note, feel free to check out the top-rated male enhancements. Sometimes, they can give you the extra push to help you reverse ED.
- Pelvic Curls – Pelvic curls are easy to perform but will have tremendous benefits for your ED symptoms. For this amazing Pilates exercise, lie on your back with your feet firmly on the floor. Keep your spine straight, engage your abdominal muscles, and raise your tailbone upwards.
While performing this exercise, feel free to try to coordinate your breath and movement for focus.
- Aerobic Activities and Exercises – Aerobic activities and exercises can virtually benefit your whole body and significantly improve your overall well-being. They don’t impact your pelvic floor muscles directly, but they can boost blood oxygenation and circulation.
You can go for any sports of your preference, but some of the best options include swimming, cycling, jogging, hiking, and skiing.
- Pelvic Floor Activation Through Kegels – Kegels are some of the best exercises you can do to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and fight erectile dysfunction. Physiotherapists and other experts have been helping women experiencing pelvic floor dysfunction for decades.
However, research shows Kegels, Pilates, and other pelvic floor muscle training can be highly effective exercises to prevent ejaculation from coming too early and erectile dysfunction.
- Supine Foot Raises – The last one is another beginner-friendly exercise with tremendous benefits for pelvic floor dysfunction and ED. Lie down on a mat with your feet firmly sitting on the floor. Bend your knees and start raising one of your legs while squeezing your pelvic floor muscles.
Repeat the exercise with your other leg. Opt for 8-10 repetitions for up to 3 sets. This exercise will help you with erectile dysfunction and premature male orgasm.
Dietary Supplements Can Also Help
Nowadays, dietary supplements are getting more and more popular as people look for ways to empower their overall well-being. Supplements are a brilliant way to provide yourself with numerous vitamins and minerals.
The case with erectile dysfunction is no different. Many dietary supplements contain research-backed ingredients that can help fight symptoms of ED.
Erectile dysfunction is an annoying condition that’s recently been increasing in frequency. Luckily, practicing targeted exercises and introducing healthy lifestyle changes can help you prevent and reverse them.
When you start practicing these exercises regularly, don’t forget to check out a few of the top-rated male enhancements. Pick the ones that only include safe, proven ingredients to help you with your battle.